The Impact of AI on Various Professions: New Study Reveals potential Replacements
By Rui Bacelar | October 1, 2023, 15:15 | Reading Time: 3 minutes
The recurring topic of the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on current professions has been widely covered in the news. With each new development in AI technology, concerns about automation and job substitution resurface.
A recent study conducted by a job portal examines the impact of the next-generation ChatCPT, known as GPT-4, and its potential to automate various tasks and replace current positions. The study specifically focuses on evaluating the ChatCPT’s abilities and its suitability for specific job roles.
The study, published by the job portal, provides an in-depth analysis of the potential job substitution by robots or AI solutions. The researchers asked the Chat GPT about its capabilities and assessed its effectiveness for different job positions.
The study’s findings are bold and leave no room for doubt. The report highlights several job roles that could soon be replaced by AI solutions:
1. Delivery Personnel and Couriers: Once AI can efficiently and safely operate autonomous vehicles, the demand for dedicated delivery personnel may decrease significantly.
2. Supermarket Cashiers: With the advancement of AI and machine learning, automated check-out systems may soon render human cashiers unnecessary.
3. Shift Managers: The role of shift managers is also at risk due to AI’s ability to automate schedule management and control workforce.
4. Customer Service Representatives: Many companies are already using automated AI solutions for post-sales support and customer assistance.
The study further lists additional job roles that may be at risk as AI technologies continue to advance:
– Delivery Drivers and Managers
– Cashier Assistants
– Medical Assistants
– Sales Representatives
– Shift Supervisors
– Various Technicians
– Customer Support Agents
– Administrative Assistants
Although these conclusions may raise concerns, it is essential to approach them with caution. Many experts advise against panicking over such reports. Nevertheless, it is undeniable that the capabilities of AI are growing, and they can potentially free up time for humans to focus on other tasks.
We are currently living in an exciting era, witnessing a technological revolution driven by AI. It is our responsibility to guide these new solutions towards the best outcomes and maximize their positive impacts.
ChatGPT can now browse the internet to provide you with current and authoritative information, complete with direct links to sources. It is no longer limited to data before September 2021. pic.twitter.com/pyj8a9HWkB via @OpenAI
Editors at 4gnews recommend:
(Note: The remainder of the content is not accessible in the given text)